QLD Appliances Safety Statement: COVID-19
We want to ensure you that all of our team are adhering to the strict hygiene & operating recommendations from QLD Health in regards to COVID-19 as well as providing our team with all the necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to limit the risk of transmitting infection when working in the field.
The wellbeing of our clients, customers, and team is extremely important to us so we have now implemented the below practices to minimise the risk of potentially spreading COVID-19.
- All QLD Appliances employees have been instructed to enforce social distancing rule of 2m minimum around customers, tenants, supplier deliveries and our own internal staff
- Hand sanitizer & face masks are provided to all our technicians and team to be used regularly.
- During lockdown periods we ask that residents of a property also wear face masks whilst the technician is working in your home.
- Our technicians and showroom team are required to wash and/or sanitize their hands after every job and every customer interaction in our showroom
- When scheduling repair jobs with tenants/residents, we are pre-qualifying by determining if they are in self-isolation/quarantine as a result of returning to the country OR are showing virus-like symptoms OR have a positive test result to COVID-19. We do not operate in quarantined/self-isolating homes (see point 6)
- Before our technicians enter a home, they are re-confirming with the tenant/property owner that they are not under quarantine/self-isolation or showing any virus/flu symptoms – if they state they are quarantined/self-isolating, the booking will be rescheduled.
- For tenants/residents in quarantine: We assess the urgency of the repair in advance and contact the tenants/residents who are in quarantine/self-isolation to see if an over-the-phone diagnosis may be possible, where parts can be ordered in advance. Once the quarantine time has lapsed and the part has been delivered from our supplier we will re-book the job with priority. NOTE: This may only be possible in very limited cases & is only available during high level public restrictions phases.
- If a repair for a quarantined tenant/resident seems more complex to diagnose, we will process the job into our booking system and place it on hold until such time as the quarantine/self-isolation period has expired and the job will be booked with priority for repair.
- Communications have been sent to all our Real Estate Agency & Building Manager clients to request that they cooperate with us in notifying us of any quarantine/self-isolation cases when booking a work order.
- As always, we offer a Contactless online ordering service for our retail products. You can liaise with our staff for additional photos and arrange delivery direct to your home
- Our warehouse, office and all our products are cleaned and disinfected daily using our strict hygiene protocol.
We hope that by implementing these measures we can continue to provide all our clients & customers with the best possible appliance repair service, as well as ensuring we are doing what we can to reduce the risk to the community.
We greatly appreciate your support and cooperation as we continue to work together.
Stay Safe, Stay Positive.
Owner & Director