QLD Appliances Safety Statement: COVID-19
We want to ensure you that all of our team are adhering to the strict hygiene & operating recommendations from QLD Health in regards to COVID-19 as well as providing our team with all the necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to limit the risk of transmitting infection when working in the field.
The wellbeing of our clients, customers, and team is extremely important to us so we have now implemented the below practices to minimise the risk of potentially spreading COVID-19.
- All QLD Appliances employees have been instructed to enforce social distancing around customers/tenants, ensuring there is minimum 1.5m between any human contact
- We endeavour to issue as much PPE as possible to all our team including items like gloves, masks, goggles, hand sanitizer etc.
- Our team are instructed to wash and/or sanitize their hands once they have left a job or finished up with a customer in the retail showroom to ensure we are not spreading anything between people’s homes
- When booking service time slots with tenants/residents, we are now requesting that they advise us if they are in self-isolation/quarantine as a result of returning to the country OR are showing virus-like symptoms OR have a positive test result to COVID-19.
- When arriving at a property and before our technicians enter a home, they are confirming with the tenant/property owner that they are not under quarantine/self-isolation or showing any virus/flu symptoms – if they state they are quarantined/self-isolating, we will take steps to reschedule the callout
- We are now assessing the urgency of repair requests in advance and contacting tenants/residents who are in quarantine/self-isolation to see if an over-the-phone diagnosis may be possible, where parts can be ordered in advance. Once the quarantine time has lapsed and the part has been delivered from our supplier we will re-book the job with priority. NOTE: This may only be possible in very limited cases & is only available during this crisis period.
- If a repair for a quarantined tenant/resident seems more complex to diagnose, we will process the job into our booking system and place it on hold until such time as the quarantine/self-isolation period has expired and the job will be booked with priority for repair.
- An email has been sent to all our Real Estate Agency & Building Manager clients to request that they cooperate with us in notifying us of any quarantine/self-isolation cases when booking a work order.
- As always, we offer an online ordering service for our retail products. You can liaise with our staff for additional photos and arrange delivery direct to your home.
We hope that by implementing these measures we can continue to provide all our clients & customers with the best possible appliance repair service, as well as ensuring we are doing what we can to reduce the risk to the community.
Again, we greatly appreciate your support and cooperation as we continue to work together.
Owner & Director